Magnetic powder method
The method relies on the excitation of a magnetic field in the tested object and the use of a fine-grained ferromagnetic powder to detect magnetic scattering fields arising on the surface of the tested element, in the areas of surface and subsurface material discontinuities.
Magnetic powder method – testing capabilities
- detection of surface and subsurface defects (inclusions, pores, blisters) of all ferromagnetic materials;
- basic detection of surface, thermal and mechanical defects – grinding cracks, hardening cracks, etc.
Magnetic powder method – equipment
- yoke defectoscopes Magnaflux, Parker;
- Magnaflux fluorescent and black suspensions;
- UV and white light illuminators;
- magnetic indicators;