Strain gauge tests
We carry out comprehensive strength, static and dynamic tests, including:
- fatigue tests,
- testing of complete structures or their components;
- functional tests of unloaded and loaded structures,
- tests with measurement of forces and deformations
- structural stiffness tests.
We offer static and quasi-static tests of aircraft engine shafts and other axisymmetrical objects (simultaneous stretching and twisting), also at elevated temperatures.
We perform tests of composite structures. We also provide test services according to the program provided by the Customer.
The modularity of the test systems used and the possibility of constructing and building test stands adapted to the specificity of the tested objects allow for the implementation of a wide range of various strength tests (also at elevated temperatures), including, among others, complex tests of large mechanical structures for the aviation, machinery, automotive or machine industries construction.
Strength tests – certificates
We have the accreditation of the Polish Center for Accreditation AB 792, received as confirmation of the compliance of the work carried out with the requirements of the PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard Accreditation AB 792 – PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025: 2018.
We have obtained certificates of mechanical tests and tests of Pratt & Whitney components in the field of static and quasi-static shaft tests – tension and compression as well as high and low-cycle fatigue tests.
Basic test equipment:
- tests hall with power floor (40 m x 10/8 m). An isolated and soundproofed oil pump station with a capacity of 600 l/min at a working pressure of 210 bar;
- four strength frames for 1-axis components strength testing;
- Schenck-Pegasus testing machine for fatigue testing of aircraft engine shafts and axisymmetric elements;
- 8-channel MTS FlexTest 60,
- 2-channel MTS FlexTest 40,
- 1-channel MTS FlexTest & ICJ 407 controllers:
- single-acting double-acting linear hydraulic actuators with built-in displacement transducers. Range of forces from 10 kN to 200 kN, displacements up to 500 mm;
- electromechanical force transducers equipped with preamplifiers with a working range of 2 kN to 450 kN;
- strain gauge measurements:
- preparation of strain gauge measuring points in various configurations, including the installation of standard foil strain gauges, including gluing and soldering;
- performance of the measurement – data recording;
- analysis of collected data, report;
- linear displacement transducers based on an inductive half-bridge differential system with preamplifiers. Some of the LVDT transducers, built into the actuators, are their integral part. Measuring range: from 0.1 mm to 1000 mm;
- electrofusion heating furnaces and climatic chambers with controllers for testing components at elevated or reduced (liquid nitrogen) temperatures;
- data acquisition systems:
- PEEKEL’s UNILOG 2500: a versatile system thanks to its ability to read analog signals from strain gauges in configurations: 1/4, ½ and 1/1 bridge), low voltage DC signal reading and 18-bit A/D converter – 150 channels;
- Micro-Measurements System 5000, 100 channels;
- LMS SCADAS (2×64 channels, 1×128 channels; up to 200 kHz).
Basic measurement techniques, such as force measurement, extensometry and displacement measurement, make it possible to quantify the effects of loads applied to the tested objects. All measurements performed during the research process are related to the national standard system and we determine their uncertainty.