The engine test house allows precise measurements of RPM and torque at any engine load, being the only device that directly measures engine parameters, including actual engine torque as a function of RPM.
Piston engines – testing capabilities
Aircraft piston engine test bed allows to carry out engine tests under various operating conditions, and also to determine:
- hourly and specific fuel consumption,
- plot the course of torque as a function of rotational speed for steady states.
We perform tests and measurements of the piston engines for basic engine parameters according to national and international standards.
We have an Accreditation Certificate of Testing Laboratory No. AB 130, confirming compliance with the requirements of PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard, issued by the Polish Center for Accreditation.
Piston engines – scope of tests
- temperature measurements in the range of 0-1000°C;
- speed measurements;
- torque measurements;
- fuel consumption measurements;
- measurements of air consumption and exhaust gas output;
- measurements and recording of fast variable quantities (injection and combustion pressures);
- calculation of engine parameters;
- determination of characteristics:
- speed, full-load,
- partial powers,
- idle running;
- research and development of piston engines in the range of 30 to 400 kW;
- optimization of the combustion process, selection of the intake system, selection of the injection and turbocharging equipment.