Designing composite structures
We have extensive experience in the design of aeronautical composite structures. We carry out design work in accordance with widely recognized design methodologies using specialized software.
Composite structural components – scope of services
- Design of structures and composite parts in CATIA environment:
- definition of the composite layer in a dedicated Catia CPD module enabling effective and flexible management of the structure at all stages of the project;
- optimization of layers layout taking into account manual and robotic manufacturing processes.
- Numerical analysis using NASTRAN, PATRAN and HYPERWORKS software:
- proven and implemented computational methods to accurately predict the strength of structures, taking into account stresses and deformations in layers;
- linear calculations (static strength, loss of stability) and non-linear calculations (large displacements, progressive failure);
- strength calculations of bolted and glued joints;
- buckling and natural vibration analyses, ad hoc strength analyses.
Our activity is focused on:
- planning and supervising of the testing process;
- development of comprehensive tests programs and analysis of results for the certification process;
- project management;
- coordination of testing activity within project consortia;
- cooperation with research centers at home and abroad.
Our research interests focus on:
- static and dynamic numerical analysis of composite materials and structures;
- implementation and development of composite failure criteria;
- assessment of resistance to damage;
- the process of certification of aeronautical composite structures (according to
- development and implementation of composite technologies;
- inverse problems in the mechanics of materials.