Vibration measurements and analysis
The qualitative feature of the dynamic properties of the structure, which is a function of its stiffness, mass and damping, are resonances, the experimental examination of which is the goal of resonance tests. Implementation of resonance tests enables the identification of structure vibration forms through their appropriate excitation and measurement of response.
Vibration measurements and analysis – testing capabilities
We perform vibration tests and resonance tests not only of structures and devices from the aviation industry, but also from other fields of technology, such as:
- automotive industry,
- power industry,
- railway engineering,
- space industry.
We perform measurements using a multi-channel data acquisition system, with the use of the accelerations sensors. Tests are performed under the operating conditions of the device or after the object is vibrated by a sinusoidally varying force, a random force or a force pulse.
We test both small elements, including axial compressors blades, and large objects, such as elevated landing pads, where the dynamic properties of the structure are analyzed, as well as the impact of landing helicopters on the building, its equipment and people staying in it.
Vibration measurements and analysis – scope of services
- vibration measurements and analysis:
- vibration measurement in flight;
- vibration measurements on vehicles, floating objects;
- laboratory vibration measurements;
- vibration measurements of building structures;
- vibration measurements of working machines, rotating equipment, installations;
- vibration analysis;
- vibroacoustic analysis;
- vibration isolation of machines and devices;
- vibroacoustic diagnostics;
- resonance tests of structures – measurement of modal parameters:
- generalized mass,
- form of natural vibrations;
- testing the object’s response to excitation with a impulse of force;
- testing the object’s response to excitation with a random signal (noise);
- vibration testing of the object on a vibrating table;
- calculations and verification of vibration properties of the structure.
Vibration measurements and analysis – equipment
- National Instruments PXI-1036 DC + PXI-4472B:
- continuous recording of measurements from 24 channels for a period of a few to several hours (depending on sampling frequency),
- frequency measurement range from ~0.5 Hz to 10 kHz,
- range of amplitudes of measured accelerations +/-50 g,
- temperature range from 0oC to +50oC,
- 230 V AC power supply and 10 – 32 V DC power supply;
- multi-channel analyzers and recorders (up to 256 channels in total, sampling up to 204 kHz);
- Polytec PSV 500 3D laser vibrometer (non-contact vibration measurement);
- acceleration sensors (mass: 0.3-210 g; frequency range: 0.5Hz to 40,000Hz; range of measured accelerations: 0.001 g to 1000 g);
- modal hammers (from 4.8 g: 222 N, to 5.5 kg: 22 kN);
- electrodynamic exciters (maximum force: 1600 N).