Tests of the aeroelastic properties of the aircraft
The subject of aeroelasticity tests is the phenomena resulting from the interaction of gases and the deformable elastic bodies flowing through them, or moving in them. Examples include phenomena occurring during aircraft flight, such as the formation of self-excited vibrations of wings and control surfaces, vibrations of rotor blades or vibrations of engine turbine blades.
Tests of the aeroelastic properties – testing capabilities
We have over 40 years of experience in the field of aircraft resonance testing, having tested several dozen types of aircraft, gliders and helicopters, as well as their components manufactured by the domestic and foreign aviation industry.
We carry out dynamic and aeroelastic analyses, including flutter analyzes in accordance with the requirements of aviation regulations. The data for analysis are the results of resonance tests or the results of calculations obtained using the finite element method (FEM). The results of tests and analyzes carried out in the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation are recognized by both Polish and foreign aviation supervisory authorities.
Properties of aeroelastic aircraft – scope of tests
- aircraft resonance tests,
- determination of flutter velocity and form based on the results of resonance tests,
- calculations of natural vibrations and flutter using the finite element method (FEM),
- preparation of flutter test program in flight,
- support for flutter tests in flight,
- support for the certification of new or modified aircraft.
Properties of aeroelastic aircraft – software used
- JG2 (lPPT PAN),
- ZAERO (ZONA Technologies Inc.),
- SAF (Subsonic Aerodynamic Flutter),
- MSC.Patran, Siemens FEMAP.