Practical training in the field of composite technologies
Practical training in the field of composite technologies is addressed to everyone who wants to expand their knowledge and skills in the field of composite materials, in particular to engineers, analysts and constructors, technicians. During the training, the participant will learn about the process of manufacturing laminar and sandwich structures in prepreg technology, glued and mechanical methods of joining composites, various repair technologies, non-destructive and mechanical testing of composites.
We invite everyone interested in composite materials, in particular employees of the aeronautical sector:
- employees of companies and universities.
Practical training in the field of composite technologies – objectives of the training
Completion of the course will enable participants to gain practical skills in the field of:
- composites production,
- glued and screwed connections of composite structures,
- performing composite repairs,
- preparing composite samples and conducting tests in a laboratory with NADCAP accreditation.
Practical training in the field of composite technologies – equipment
during the training we use:
- heating stoves,
- a set of hand tools for performing repairs of the LESLIE GMI Aero composites,
- Hot Bonder HEATCON HCS9000B,
- a set of DYNABRADE pneumatic tools with accessories,
- bonded surfaces analyzer,
- Apparatus for mechanical and physical-chemical testing of the composites,
- apparatus for ultrasonic non-destructive testing,
- a drop test apparatus for damage analysis of composites.
Scope of the “Composites hands-on training” training
- Explanation of the manufacturing process of the composite parts combined with a presentation of the equipment of the Composites Technology Center,
- Fabrication of flat laminar and sandwich panels,
- Preparation for the curing process.
- Introduction to bonding composites,
- Making bonded composite joints using film adhesive and paste adhesive,
- Drilling holes and making connections using Hi–Lok fasteners,
- In-service damage analysis and demonstration of the effects of impact on the structure of composites,
- Demonstration of non-destructive testing techniques using damaged components.
- Introduction to composite structure repairs,
- Preparation of laminar structure for repair,
- Preparation of sandwich structure for repair,
- Repair of composite structure with cured patch using heating console.
- Introduction to strain measurements,
- Preparation of samples for testing using electric resistance strain gauging,
- Presentation of composite strength tests and failure analysis (tensile and compression of composites, compression after impact, testing of pressure and pull-out resistance of pin joints, shear of bonded joints),
- Introduction to statistical analysis of material data of composites.