Strain gauge tests
This is one of the most commonly used methods for measuring deformations on a given surface, they enable the determination of stresses in order to determine the strength of the structure or its elements. The tests are also used to determine the forces and moments of forces in operating conditions. The quality of the sensors and measurement systems used plays an important role.
Strain gauge tests – testing capabilities
We offer the preparation of strain gauge measuring points in various configurations, including the installation of standard foil strain gauges, including gluing and soldering. We perform strain gauge measurements in flight and process the obtained results. To collect and record measurement data, we use computerized measurement and recording systems with the possibility of connecting force and displacement transducers, resistance strain gauges, thermocouples. The maximum number of measurement channels is 250.
Strain gauge tests – equipment
- CompactRIO real-time controller and NI 9237 modules;
- CompactRIO real-time controller:
- two Ethernet ports for network and file support via the user interface;
- external USB memory port;
- RS232 serial port for connecting peripheral devices – 9 to 35 VDC;
- operating range from -20⁰C to 55⁰C.
- NI 9237 modules:
- 4 channels, ±25 mV/V, 24-bit bridge module;
- 24-bit resolution, ± 25 mV/V analog inputs with RJ50 connector;
- 4 simultaneously sampled analog inputs, max. sampling rate 50 kS/s;
- programmable half and full bridge – up to 10 V internal excitation;
- compatible with TEDS smart sensors;
- operating range from -40⁰C to 70⁰C.