Four representatives of the Łukasiewicz – Institute of Aviation have been elected to the Space and Satellite Research Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences for the 2023-2026 term. The Institute’s number of members in the Committee are second best after the Space Research Center of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
The following were elected to the Committee on behalf of the Institute:
- Dr. Eng. Leszek Loroch – elected a member of the Committee’s Presidium,
- Dr. Eng. Adam Okniński – elected vice-chairman of the Committee,
- Dr. Eng. Michał Kawalec – member of the Committee.
Professor Piotr Wolański – former chairman for 16 years and in the last term Honorary Chairman of the Committee, is also a member of the Committee
The tasks of the Comittee include in particular:
- issuing cyclical opinions on education and research in the field of space research in Poland;
- participation in the work of the Polish Space Agency;
- disseminating space achievements, in particular domestic ones, by organizing open plenary meetings of the Committee and in the media (press, radio, television, scientific conferences, science picnics, etc.);
- participation in the work of the Polish Space Law Center Manfred Lachs;
- representation of Poland in international forums by members of the Committee (among others in the United Nations, in the world organization COSPAR, in the International Astronautical Federation).
The Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation is one of the most modern research facilities in Europe, with traditions dating back to 1926. The Institute closely cooperates with global tycoons of the aviation industry, such as: Boeing, GE, Airbus, Pratt & Whitney, and institutions from the space industry, including the European Space Agency. Strategic research areas of the Institute are aviation, space and unmanned technologies. It also provides research and services for domestic and foreign industries in the field of materials, composite, additive, remote sensing, energy and oil&gas technologies. More: ilot.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/
The Łukasiewicz Research Network offers businesses attractive, broad and competitive technological solutions. Łukasiewicz provides a unique “challenge system” powered by a group of 4,500 scientists, who take up a business challenge and present the entrepreneur with potential solutions. At the same time, it provides access to cutting-edge capabilities and unique scientific infrastructure in the country. Most importantly – the entrepreneur does not bear the cost of preparing the conception of the research works. Łukasiewicz conveniently meets the expectations of the business. The entrepreneur can contact Łukasiewicz through an online form on our website https://lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/business/ but also directly in over 50 locations of Łukasiewicz Institutes and their branches throughout Poland. Each site provides the same, high quality, product or service. Łukasiewicz focused on research areas such as: Health, Smart and Clean Mobility, Digital Transformation and Green and Low-emission Economy.