Quality control processes
The institute offers the following services:
- Defining the procedures for recording production and quality control activities for each manufacturing stage of composite aerospace structures.
- Defining the scope of destructive testing – “witness” samples.
- Geometric control of tooling and structures using a 3D laser scanner.
- Ultrasonic testing of composite structures using phased array (C-scan) conventional technique.
- Low-frequency testing of composite structures by bond testing (C-scan) technique, tap testing (woodpecker, hammer).
- Thermographic testing of composite structures (active thermography).
- Visual inspection of composite structures.
- Comprehensive development of methodologies for non-destructive testing of composite structures.
- Calibration plate design.
- Detection of defects like: delamination, cracks, porosity, foreign bodies.
All manufacturing work is subject to quality control. The quality control process includes documentation and material control, process control and product control. Scope of the quality control is adjusted each time to the specificity of the work in progress.