On the 06-09th of October Elzbieta Gadalińska took part in the 9th conference International Conference on Residual Stresses (ICRS9), which was organized in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. The conference concerned the standard diffraction methods (X-ray, neutron and synchrotron radiation) as well as strain gauges methods and new or developed methods like ultrasonic and hole-drilling methods. During the conference the following topics were discussed:
- stress measurements in so called thin layers and the stress gradient measurements,
- surface treatment influence on the stress state,
- the stress measurement during loading and damage phenomena,
- the stress measurement during the production process,
- the stress measurement on the microstructural level and determination of the local stresses values,
- the stress measurements in the critical zones of the construction like welded and riveted joints,
- new possibilities of the measurement equipment and the methodologies.
The NET Institute representative presented the paper entitled Stress distribution around rivets. Comparison of results of strain gauges and X‐ray stress measurements. The novel methodology presentation, co-authorship: J. Kaniowski, A. Baczmański, W. Wronicz. The second paper of E. Gadalińska entitled Differential Method for Study of Stress Localization Using Neutron Diffraction was presented by A. Baczmański (co-authorship: A. Baczmański, S. Wroński, L. Le Joncour, B. Panicaurd, M. François, C. Braham , A. Paradowska, V. Klosek). Full text of both papers will be published in Materials Science Forum.
Moreover during the conference the new contacts were made. It is supposed to result with interesting research projects realized in prestigious research centers line LLB Saclay, Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht and Fraunhofer Institut für Zerstörungsfreie Prüfverfahren.